How young and talented ca are being exploited by sme and ca?

vivek jain (kl) (264 Points)

14 September 2013  

How young CA is being exploited by SME and CA Firm???

Recently I gave a interview in one of the SME in Kolkata???

1.I forward the resume through one of my friend. After going through the resume they call me to appear for interview the very next day. I appeared for the interview the next day. After waiting for 15 minutes the owner called me for the interview. Before starting the interview they asked me about the salary expectation. After that they started the interview. They asked about the TDS, Income Tax, West Bengal Vat, Tally-ERP 9,TDS Rate, Wealth Tax, Case laws, excise duty. After 30 minutes of interview they made me realise that I know nothing. They were telling ITC is also offering a lower package. I told them that one of my friend working in Bangalore is getting 6 lacs package. They started telling uss banda me kuch kass hoga.So they started offering me 15000/- per month as salary. I told that this salary is very less. So they told this is what young CA are getting in the market. We cannot give more than this. Previously there was a time when majority of CA used to work in industry or get involved in practice. But they never used to work in SME and CA firm. But now majority of young CA are working in SME OR CA FIRM BELOW 2.5 LACS PACKAGE.CA who get job through campus or reference from very small percentage of young CA who pass every six months.Majority of CA are forced to work in CA firm or SME. Where they are either unemployed or underemployed.In majority of cases they are underemployed. What has happened to CA profeesion.It is time to think about our profession very seriously.Think twice before appering for interview in SME in Kolkata or anywhere else.