How to Prepare for CA Final Financial Reporting (Old Course) without talking Paid Coaching Classes?

jerry (ca)     20 October 2019

jerry
ca 
 24 points

| My Other Post

Hello Friends/Seniors,

After completing Articleship training, due to some family issues I had to leave CA for 4.5 years. Now, I want to continue my CA Final and will try for May 2020 Attempt Group-1. So I need your guidance and suggestions.

Is it possible to prepare FR (old course) without taking any paid coaching classes? Just self-study and free Online materials like youtube videos and notes. If yes, then please suggest me.

For other subjects, I am thinking to go for:

SFM: Nagendra Sir Pen Drive Classes.

LAW: Munish Bhandari Sir Pen Drive Classes.

AUDIT: Surbhi Bansal Mam Book & Notes.

Please help,

Thanking you,

Jerry Singh.

Bharat Bohra   20 October 2019

Bharat Bohra

19 likes  233 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Hi Jerry,
see first of all i would suggest you to opt for New syllabus. The reason being since you have previously not taken any classes of any subject it will not matter whether you opt for old or new. Infact new syllabus will have the following advantage to you
1. new syllabus is designed as per industry requirements and in future whether you do practice or do job, Time demands latest knowledge which new syllabus provides. specially in Job, in interview you will have to face questions related to latest developments taken place in industry for e.g IND AS..

2. the second one is after Nov 20 or may be after a few attempt compulsory every students have to take new syllabus so it's better to take new course at the beginning itself .
(don't take my advise otherway, hope you understood what i mean)

now coming to FR if you are opting for Old syllabus then do refer M.P.VIJAY KUMAR material along with Institute material
and if In case you opt for New syllabus then you can refer D.S.Rawat along with Institute material..

but one more suggestion i would like to give if u opt for New syllabus then for FR better to take classes since IND AS requires proper understanding which i personally belive will not be sufficient just by referring material ..

hope above suggestion will help you..
in case of any confusion feel free to ask me..
all the best :)

1 Like

jerry (ca)     21 October 2019

jerry
ca 
 24 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Thank you so much for your guidance. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion