How to pay GST shortfall

I file monthly gstr3b and as per bill I cliam ITC and remaining balance of tax I also paid but when I try to file GSTR 3B for the month of March 2020 then I see that my gst tax is less paid as per gstr2a and shortfall is 800 rupees. how it is possible and if this remaining balance of tax necessary paid then how can I paid this in the march 2020 return .
Replies (4)
Quick Summary
This discussion addresses how to handle a GST shortfall identified when filing the GSTR 3B, specifically a Rs. 800 discrepancy compared to GSTR 2A. The advice suggests ensuring your supplier has correctly filed their returns and captured your invoices. If the shortfall is due to your supplier under-reporting tax, they can amend their return. You can claim ITC based on your invoices, but it must reflect in GSTR 2A by the September return deadline. If GSTR 2A matches your records, generate a challan to pay the difference.

While filing GSTR 3B CHK FOR INPUT TAX CREDIT...

I HOPE U CAN SOLVE UR PROBLEM.
Ask supplier to file the return by capturing the invoice issued to you or by Amending the return using B2B-A options if there is any under reporting by supplier.
You can avail the Full ITC even though the invoice is not uploaded by Supplier but take care the same has to he reflected latest by Sep'20 return.

If GSTR-2A matches with books then Generate the challan n pay the differential amount.
Sir I claim the ITC as per bill but supplier mention the Tax higher than the tax mention in his bill.
That means excess credit flows into GSTR-2A... while you have availed the credit as per invoice. no need to worry.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 08 October 2026
ARTICLE TRAINEE

S.B.G. & CO. CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Account Executive

Elite Taxation

New Delhi

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details