How to link income from spouse account to mine so that it can be taxed under my pan

I have transferred some amount to my spouse's account and it generated an income. My spouse is homemaker and as per income tax rules, his income should also be taxed under my PAN and hence clubbed with my income. My question is, how to do that.

Spouse has his own account and his own PAN card linked to that account. The tax deducted from his bank account is shown under his PAN.

I have already submitted tax return for my account and while filling return nowehere I could see the income tax deducted from spouse account as obviously that was not from PAN.

I'm now totally confused as to how to tell income tax department that the tax deducted from spouse account should be charged to me and under my PAN.

You can call me on 7006060911

you declare spouse amount in your ITR. claim refund of TDS deducted in your spouse pan by filing ITR for your spouse. this is one way

Originally posted by : rama krishnan
you declare spouse amount in your ITR. claim refund of TDS deducted in your spouse pan by filing ITR for your spouse. this is one way

I already submited my ITR :(

you can revise the return

I understand your problem as I faced similar one. Solution in this case is only one i.e. file your spouse IT return and I suppose his/her income will be below taxable limit and hence TDS deducted will be refunded to his/her bank account

For future please submit form 15H in the name of your spouse if she is senior citizen to the bank and request them not to deduct TDS 

Regards

Originally posted by : bharat karsyal
You can call me on 7006060911

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

CCI MENU