How to know whether I have been served a demand notice

Dear Sirs,

Last year I changed my residence and this change was not intimated to the Income tax department as I did not have any proof of residence.

Further, last year, due to some financial crises, I cold not pay the remaining income tax (over and above the Tax deducted by my employer) and Also did not file my return.

In this regard I have two queries:

1) how to find out whether I have have been served any income tax demand notice?

2) for this year's return, which address should I mention in the return form - my current address or the address which is there in the income tax department record..?

other information

I am salaried person and I am residing in a rented flat without a rent agreement.

Please provide me your valuable advice

Replies (3)

   

You have very good question. I also need the answer.

if you are having income from salary, then your emploer must have deducted TDS if you are taxable so not to bother about a demand notice.

Further in case of any change in address you have to change the same by filing change in PAN form with a valid new address proof otherwise any kind of communication will be made at the old address and it will be deemed to be delivered.

So get you rent leave and lisence agreement (in english) and file it with PAN application to change the address.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details