How to know aperson is director in how many Co. ?

CA Final n CS Final

 Hi friends.Can anyone tell me how to know that a particular person is director in how many companies if one knows the Director identification Number(DIN) of that person (through MCA site) ?





Company Secretary

For public company director there is the provison of indepednent Director list on that basis u got some infromation. The list of independent directors are avaiable i think on

Vice President (Corporate)

Presently, such information is not displayed on MCA website.  However, the director himself can get this information.  Just create login user ID as Business User using own digital signature.  After logging in you will get list of your companies with list of documents filed by them.


Total likes : 2 times


 As per my knowledge,there is no such mechanism at present to find the directorships of a person in all companies through DIN on mca website.

But such person is mandatorily required to disclose annually to his/her company about the positions he /she occupies in other companies and notify changes as and when they take place. This information also disclosed in the annual report of the company under corporate governance section. 


Sr. Manager

As per Section 299, a director is give declration in Form 24.


MCA has started a new service for the benefit of one & all.
From now onward, one can check from MCA site, Details of Companies in which a person is / was a Director.

For that, one has to log in to MCA and then select Companies in which a person is/was a director option under Services head. Just enter DIN No. and u will get all the required information, like Name of the Co., current designation, Date of appointment, Date of appointment, Date of Resignation, Company status and Defaulting status etc.,just in few seconds.

CA Rajesh Balsara

Total likes : 4 times


Dear all,

If a Person is to be appointed as a DIRECTOR in a listed company and he thinks that he had a DIN.

Now how do i search his DIN if the only information i have is his DOB, PAN.

though i have already tried all the options on MCA for ex. Application Status.


Please Suggest and HELP.



Agreed with Mr. Rajesh Balsara. 

You can try and fill Form 32 or Form 1A suing the said DIN. If it is valid, the prefill option will display the information.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register