Easy Office
LCI Learning

How to file online rectification u/s 154 bookmark !!!

Page no : 4

Nupur Sharma (CA) (426 Points)
Replied 25 January 2015

Hi,

Could anyone please tell me that while rectifying a return in excel utility what should I fill under these columns???  The original return was filed before due date.

1. Return filed under section ?   Before due date, after due date or revised return 

2. Whether Original or revised return ? 

Thanks in advance

Nupur

S.ASWATH (Manager) (704 Points)
Replied 25 January 2015

Rectification has to be done online so U need not do anything additionally in excel utility

Also it depends upon your rectification type. For some rectification the X M L itself not required

Replied 26 January 2015

Hi,

But for this particular rectification, X M L has to be generated and uploaded. I have to make additions in Dep schedule which were omitted from the original return, hence X M L has to be generated.

Nupur

S.ASWATH (Manager) (704 Points)
Replied 27 January 2015

fine still if it is a rectification then u need to select apprpriate option while uploading not required to modify anything in the X M L as it is only a rectification hence it won't be considered as revised return

Replied 27 January 2015

I have already taken the necessary action. I generated a fresh X M L after making the necessary entries in schedules. Under the column " return filed under" I selected section 139(5) i.e. revised and under the column "Original " or "revised" I selected revised. I had to give original return ack no. and the date of filing as well.

I uploaded this X M L under rectification tab on income tax website. The appropirate option that i selected was "tax payer is correcting the data in rectification."

The upload was successful.  

Sharada Harihar (Proprietor) (29 Points)
Replied 26 April 2015

I have received tax credit mismatch for claiming TDS on sale of property (16B) but there is no option for entering this in the online rectification as it asks only for TAN of Deductor

How should I file rectification online in such a case?

Replied 26 April 2015

how do i file online rectification for tax credit mismatch for tds on sale of property

only TAN of deductor can be inserted whereas for form 16B we use PAN

Replied 26 April 2015

how do i file online rectification for tax credit mismatch for tds on sale of property

only TAN of deductor can be inserted whereas for form 16B we use PAN

Replied 26 April 2015

how do i file online rectification for tax credit mismatch for tds on sale of property only TAN of deductor can be inserted whereas for form 16B we use PAN

CA Anup Tabe (Chartered Accountant ) (43 Points)
Replied 27 April 2015

It's a very infomative artcile. Thank you for upload and sharing practical aspect of Intimation u/s 143(1) & rectification under section 154 ( online ) . 

vani (Others) (68 Points)
Replied 20 August 2015

I need an expert opinion/help with this case.  For AY2012-13 received intimation u/s 143(1) due to TDS mismatch and paid up a demand of 7000 odd - tax paid under regular assessment

received another TDS mismatch report  and in response to it submitted a TDS rectification online

received another demand of 5000 odd u/s 154 since the Tax credit of 7000 was mismatched.  

now i find the income from one of the sources was doubled in the original submission.  So basically not just the TDS but the interest income from one of the bank was considered wrongly.

To rectify this - will use "tax payer is correcting data in rectification" 

8)      Income chargeable under the income from other sources wrongly considered

My question - I have to upload an XML file. 

For which I Imported the data from the original ITR to the new ITR

I changed the Schedule OS in the Excel utility

Corrected the TDS data in Schedule TDS2

Stuck with Schedule IT 

This lists the advance tax and self assessment tax.  But now I also have tax paid under regular assessment.  Should this be included here.  The regular assessment tax of 7000 reflects in form 26AS.  If this is not included then once again  a mismatch will be generated for Tax payments.  

From my understanding "Total Taxes Paid (8a + 8b + 8c)"  under Part B - TTI should be EQUAL to the SUM total of all the tax deductions (TDS) and taxes Paid in form 26AS.   If this doesn't happen then once again the system sends mismatch reports.  

Kindly Advice if Regular tax can be included in Schedule IT

Secondly, the Interest payable section - 234A, 234B and 234C gets computed automatically when one clicks on "Calculate Tax".  In this particular case where the X M L is to be regenerates the utility calculates huge value for 234A since it calculates interest for 3 years on the self assessment tax which was paid promptly in 2012.  How should this interest payable section be handled?

Priti Dhoke (Student CA CPT ) (72 Points)
Replied 06 February 2016

HI ALL,

MY QUERY IS ONE OF OUR CLIENT HAS NOT GOT TAX CREDIT, BECAUSE IN ITR FORM TAN NUMBER IS WRONLY MENTION INSTEAD OF WORD "K" I MENTIONED "L" SO HERE COMPANY NAME GONE CHANGE, WE RECEIVED INTIMATION 143(1) WITHOUT TAX CREDIT OF THAT COMPANY, AFTER THAT I HAD MADE RECTIFICATION THROUGH ONLINE PROCESS,BUT IT HAS BEEN REJECTED FORM INCOME TAX DEPT. I HAD CHOOSEN OPTION NO 1 "Tax Payer is correcting data for tax credit mismatch only" I HAD DONE THIS TWICELY BUT BOTH THE TIMES THEY REJECTED.

SO PLEASE SUGGEST ME WHAT SHOULD I DO TO TAKE CREDIT.

THANKYOU

babugr (dgm) (489 Points)
Replied 07 February 2016

A very useful and clear procedure. thanks

Chi Andreas (2 Points)
Replied 28 March 2018

Great job Tushar!!!    You can use Mozilla Firefox PC for the bookmark file in this browser easily bookmarked....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: