How to file LTCG Loss correctly Through ITR-2 for AY2019-20

Dear I.T. Experts,

During AY2019-20( Fy2018-19), I sold a number of MF holding that were held for long time and making loss/low return. Overall LTCG LOSS with Long Term Indexation was Rs - 105904 (negative because loss; it is as per icicidirect.com tax calculation report; Rs - 38970 in Debt fund, and rest in Equity Hybrid fund). 

I files ITR-2 with -Rs 105904 as Long Term Capital Gain on Sale of Capital Asses. (Schedule CG - Section B ; 4f )

 I have received as notice u/s. 143(1)(a)  - it says: 

There is inconsistency in the amounts/Totals entered in schedule CG OR Taxpayer is claiming deductions u/s 54 which are more than the amounts allowable as per the respective sections.

 Can someone please help what would be the correct way to file here?

I am attaching a screenshot of how I files the Schedule CG. 

Many thanks in advance for your kind help.

Regards,

S. Das


Attached File : 1418984 20191222145215 schedulecg ltcg loss.jpg downloaded: 133 times
Replies (1)

Just to add a little more - I understand long term capital loss can only be set off against long term capital gain. So in my return, it is only shown as a Carry Forward Loss, so that I can adjust it against LTCG in next few years.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details