How to claim refund when an entry is shown in 26as

Hello,

I have filed my e-returns for the assessment year 2011-12 in July 2011. At that time two of my banks deducted the TDS amount on my fixed deposit accounts with them respectively. The first bank deducted the TDS with the pan number available with them and the second bank deducted the amount with the pan number not available with them. Therefore, the form 26AS showed only one bank entry. When filing the returns I have mentioned all the details related to "Tax Deduction Account Number (TAN) of the Deductor", Name of the Deductor, "Total tax Deducted" and the "Amount out of (4) claimed for this year" in ITR-1 form for both banks. I claimed the refund for both bank entries but I was allotted the refund amount for one bank entry that was at that time being shown in the 26AS form. Now after a long time the second bank entry is also shown in the 26AS form. My question is how should I go about claiming that refund amount? Do the CPC will automatically send me the refund amount or do I have to fill some form?

Please advise.

Replies (2)

You have to file a rectification petition u/s 154 mentioning the new TDS amount. After that, your A.O. on being satisfied that the particulars are correct, shall intimate the CPC to process the refund amount. You cannot revise your return since the last date was 31.03.2012. Hence, you can go ahead with the rectification petition.

Ok, I got my refund and i had to do nothing. I just waited for a month and i received a cheque at my home addres from cpc. So guys just chill and wait for your refund, it will automatically be given at later time if it is shows in the 26AS form

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details