How should i do reverse calculation when st & vat

How to calulate missing amount if VAT & service Tax both including? How should I do Reverse calculation if one item on which service tax chareged @ 12.36% & then on sub total (Item rate + Service tax) % VAT is charged. E.g. item base price is 417, ST on it is 52 & VAT is 23 = Total billing amount is 492. Suppose if I want to made this bill for Rs.450 Then how should I do reverse calculation? i.e How should I arrive at Item's base value? I am using Tally software.

Replies (2)

hi

you can calculate service tax as for 492   st   is  Rs 52 then what for Rs 450 ( 450*52/492)= 47.77. and same for vat amount ( 450*23/492) = 21.

Originally posted by : IMAM

hi

you can calculate service tax as for 492   st   is  Rs 52 then what for Rs 450 ( 450*52/492)= 47.77. and same for vat amount ( 450*23/492) = 21.

Hi,

How should I reverse calculate when I know only final billing amount say Rs.450? What should be the ST & VAT when final billing amt is Rs.450?

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details