How much for long-term (retirement and insurance)?

I am 25 years old and earn Rs 70,000 a month. I want to invest in equities. My near-term goals are to buy a car next year (Rs 6 lakh) and a flat in Bengaluru (Rs 30 lakh budget) in 2 years time. I give my retired parents Rs 10,000 a month but at least Rs 35,000 is available for investment. I already own property in my hometown, gifted by my parents. I have Gold ETFs worth about Rs 3 lakh, which I can sell this to buy the flat. I am not married and probably won't be for another three years. No other investments as yet as I was repaying a bike and education loan with a considerably lower salary. What percentage of my investments should be for near-term and how much for long-term (retirement and insurance)?

Replies (5)

Considering your details, I can guide you with the insurance investment. Since, investing in life insurance can help you in saving tax and provide you coverage for any unwanted or any other expenses. I have opted for saving plans which offers wealth creation through compounded reversionary bonuses, tax benefits applicable as per prevailing tax rules and much more.

You can invest in a retirement plan that will that gives you guaranteed amount as a pension after your retirement. This will not only be a good investment for you but also help you accumulate all the wealth for your retirement making those years of yours safe, wonderful and peaceful.
Thanks to all of you ,giving this valuable needed information to me

Wow! It’s great to know about your success at such a young age. Coming to the point of your investment plans, there are many investment options available in the market. Birla Sun Life is one of the well- known investment plans providers which can help in both long term plans as well as short term plans. They have long term pension plans that give you a guaranteed amount as retirement corpus and also allows you to enhance the financial security for your loved ones and also helps to buy life insurance online which is a short term plan.

You have great numbers of investment. So you don't need to confuse among any common insurance policy. It better to invest in ulip, retirement or term life insurance plan for maximum return. However, you can't enjoy the benefits of whole life term insurance plan, only your nominess/families can get benifits of term plan. Rather than, Ulip is also a another great plan for investment for future as it is related with market growth.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details