Easy Office
LCI Learning

How i cleared ca final in first attempt with 4 exemptions

Page no : 2

Ashik Babu (Ca Final) (148 Points)
Replied 06 September 2018

Superb..all the best for your future 

CA Gopal Somani (Consultant) (2057 Points)
Replied 28 September 2019

If you have a doubt on what strategy to follow for Exam preparation, What mistakes to avoid, how to utilise the time then please check below playlist videos 

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjemDd6cjImDd6udGP6M7tPz6Dwq14FmN

I hope this will be very helpful for you all.

Regards,

Gopal

Rohan Deshmukh (Tax analyst) (638 Points)
Replied 05 March 2020

Scoring an exemption in Strategic and Financial management is easy compared to other 3 subjects of CA-final. Being a practical subject a student can easily get 60+ marks if his concepts are clear and not only exemption but if your concepts are clear then you can even score 100/100(students have scored 100/100 in earlier attempt in SFM). Strategic management is one of the most scoring paper of CA Final exam and a student can easily score well if he/she focus on the practical part(theory part is of 20marks). Scoring an exemption is not difficult task if you consider following points-

• Concepts- Being a practical subject, your concepts must be clear. I have seen students solving sums after sums, doing this from various books, though they lack concept. Unless and until your concepts are clear nothing is going to happen. Please understand there are 100 sums from one concept of the chapter. It is obviously fruitful to clear concept and do 5-6 sums of the chapter instead of solving 100 sums.
  • How to study- It completely depends on an individual student. If you feel weak in the subject then you can consider a tutor else you can do self preparation. If you still ask me what I would have done then I would have gone for self preparation due to lack of time and a lot to study.
  • Practice- A common question arise is how many times should the sum be prepared? At least 4 times, maximum 8 times. Solve the question again and again until you start feeling comfortable. You not only need to solve it in the exam but to solve it in the due time as time is the crucial factor during the exam.
  • Preparation and revision- For exemption, everything is important so do not skip anything and for revision start making formula notes and short notes for quick revision in break hours and travelling hours.
  • Learn the art of writing- Presentation skills matters a lot. Before exemption comes expression. We should be able to write perfect answers and try to fetch great marks. You can only do this by practicing as many test series as possible. I would recommend Prepca test series. Why Prepca? They have a splendid passing record and 27% of the questions gets repeated in ICAI’s exams. They provide best quality test series at reasonable price. Their counselling session is the best for solving your personal doubts.
  • Exam day- Time is the most crucial factor during exam. Hence you need to make sure that you finish sums in time. You need to have an excellent grip on the subject. So be aware while you are practicing at home and also check time while solving. During the first 15 minutes of exams which is given to reading, mark the sums which you will be doing and make an approach how you’ll solve. Try to attempt maximum questions.

All the best!

Rohan Deshmukh (Tax analyst) (638 Points)
Replied 24 March 2020

If the student is preparing for CA final exams and this is the first attempt, Firstly understand this is the golden opportunity anyone can get. Like if you can’t clear your final exams in first time, then you will not get enough time in next attempts as you getting today because if you can’t crack this in your first attempt then you will get only 3 months to prepare for exams comparatively in first attempt student is getting 6 month. Do the preparation in your own schedule of study by following the below steps;

• Select the group you want to appear for either first or second or both.
  • Be ready to study for 10-12 hours per day.
  • Don’t stick to single subject for entire day, select one theory and one numerical subject.
  • Do your study time productive means you have to selects the topic which is more important and which is less important. Focus on the topics which are more important for this you have to do ABC analysis as we have studied at the IPCC/intermediate level.
  • In ABC analysis you have to classify your syllabus in ABC category i.e. In ‘’A’’ category most important and difficult chapters will be there. ‘’B’’ category will accommodate the chapters which are important but not as important as compare to ‘’A’’ category chapters. And finally “C” category will accommodate chapters having very less weightage.
  • Make your time schedule in which you devote more time to “A” category chapters and less time to “B” and “C” category chapters.
  • Make conceptual clarity for each and every topic which will help you to remember the topics. If you try to remember the topics from first day then this will not possible in final exams as final’s syllabus is very vast compare to your IPCC or intermediate syllabus.
  • Read your SM and PM thoroughly first time (you can read authors book if you need more good stuff) and try to understand the logic behind each topic, Don’t try to learn the topics from very first time.
  • While reading the syllabus for second time make notes for each and every subjects, initially it will take time but once you make notes it will help you in revision period a lot.(notes will save your time and will give you the self confidence which is very important on day before exam as you get only one and half to revise the entire syllabus.)
  • Don’t forget to refer RTP, MTP and Amendments issued by ICAI. There are more chances to ask question from RTP and Amendments. Mock test series will help you to acquaint yourself with the type and pattern of the questions. This also boast your confidence. Which test series to choose? I would suggest PREPCA test series. Their ADAR report and bird’s eye view is very helpful in knowing your strengths and weakness and converting your weakness into strengths. Quick evaluation, great customer care support, tremendous passing record, and 100% refund policy.
  • Do remember sections and case studies with the name.
  • Do maximum paper practice as you can.

Keep all the above points and mind and give your best!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: