GST Plus - Get Daily updates,support,whatsapp Group & reply to GST Notices etc.!! Call : 011-411-70713 !!


Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

visu iyer (mentor)     13 October 2021

Housing loan on gifted property

my uncle is owing a house and paying housing loan.

now he gifted the property on me.

can I now claim the housing loan interest from the date of transfer, because the ownership is transferred.

please advise

 5 Replies

Dhirajlal Rambhia

Dhirajlal Rambhia (SEO Sai Gr. Hosp.)     13 October 2021

It seems the house is not registered in your name, As without closure of the home loan, it cannot be transferred.

If bank has approved the loan to be transferred in your name, go ahead, no issue.


Sourav (Student)     13 October 2021

It cannot be transferred
visu iyer

visu iyer (mentor)     13 October 2021

I remain the owner once gifted with gift deed registered with registration department, why not I can claim, any specific section to support not eligible to claim deduction on interest on housing loan
sabyasachi mukherjee

sabyasachi mukherjee   13 October 2021

1. title to the house property does not pass to person whom the gift has been made.
2. the deed has to be officially registered in his name.
3. mutation in his name.
veerendar singh

veerendar singh (tax consultant)     13 October 2021

Yes you can claim

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags