Housing loan interest exemption limit / hra information

1/ - I have taken a loan and paying Rs 156438/- towards interest on house loan. For which I am getting rebate of 150000/- max limit, and before possession in June - 12, I have paid int on pre-emi of approx 98000/- which I can claim for next 5 yrs i.e. 98000/5 = 19600

So need to know what will be my rebate amt -

150000/- (Max Limit)

OR

169600/- ( Max Limit + Bifurcation of 5 Yr pre-emi) ***************************************************************************************

2/ - Also need to know, in Govt, if someone gets accomodation but he/she doesn't want that and live outside on rent.

Will he be entitled for HRA / HRR. If yes, what amount he can claim. What is the minimum limit of HRA / HRR, one can claim.

Neither he is living in the house for which I have taken house loan not he has Let Out that property.

Replies (2)

1]. Maximum limit is 1.50lacs inclusive of pre-emi interest

2]. Yes he can claim HRA subject to the overall limits as laid donw in section 10(13A) i.e. leat of the below

a] HRA recd during teh eyar

b]. Rent paid in excess of 10% of salary

3]. 40% of the salary

I have few query mentioned below

1 / - HRA Calculation -

If Basic Salary is 300570 (annually) (Apr to Jun - 24350/month and Jul to Mar - 25280/month)

HRA Paid for FY 2012-13 is 134694 (annually)

Rent Paid is 180000 (annually)

 

What will be my exemption for tax u/s 10 from Salary ?

***************************************************************************************

2 / - Do Arrears HRA also needs to be clubbed in current HRA

Current HRA - 134694 and Arrear - 8433

***************************************************************************************

3 / - I am also getting rebate of interest paid on house loan i.e. 150000/- (Max Limit)

Is there any limit on HRA if availaing this ?

*****************************************************************************************

4 / - In my form 16 it is showing incorrect amount, how do I get this rectified and what documents do, I have to provide if I am doing e-filling online ?

****************************************************************************************

Rgds

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
29 September 2026
Work at home

Lottery.sambad.tv

Bhopal

Others

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details