CCI Online Learning
What do you want to learn today?

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Housing loan

shashikant havanur   09 December 2019

shashikant havanur

 1 points

| My Other Post

i have already living in my own room. now i purchased new flat jointly wife.i have also taken loan for the same jointly in our names. i have letout this flat and its income i am showing as wife's income. i am paying more than rs 200000 as interest on loan. i am taking this deduction in my income . can i take the balance interest portion as deduction for wife's 'income. also everything i am doing is correct.


Kapadia Pravin   10 December 2019

Kapadia Pravin

 920 likes  14308 points

View Profile | My Other Post

What is the share of the loan between you and wife. If it is 50 - 50 %tage then your wife will get 50% of EMI interest as the deduction subject to maximum of 2 lakhs.


CA Kiran Sutrave (CA)     10 December 2019

CA Kiran Sutrave
 26 likes  424 points

View Profile | My Other Post

According to me, the transaction done is incorrect. Income, interest paid, principal paid etc. will be divided as per the share in the property. For example, if the share in the property is 50:50, then you claim benefit only to the extent of 50%. If you are repaying the entire loan, even then you can claim benefit only to the extent of your share in property i.e. 50% (as per the example is given above)


rama krishnan   11 December 2019

rama krishnan

 963 likes  10495 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Agree with Mr. kirans view

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Trending Tags
GST Live Class    |    x