House rent

Kishor (Others) (53 Points)

08 November 2012  

Hello Friends,

my case is :

i stay with my parents and so i give rent to my parents as house is owned by them. and i claim HRA exemption for that.

second i have bought one house in some other city on housing loan and i want to claim interest & principal deduction agianst it.

my question is, this house what status would IT dept considered.....i mean whether it would be considered empty or let out. it let out then i have to show its rent also.

please guide me. at present the house is under my posession and is empty.