House property

Hello experts,

I have take home loan in 5th july 2015 for construction new house. But due to some reason I have started construction as on 7th August 2018 and I have paid Total interest for 2015 -16 , 2016-17, 2017-18 is 19640 Rupees can I claim this interests as deduction under section 24 ?

Please healp 

Replies (4)
if construction completed within 5 years, claim 1/5th pre-construction period interest as deduction
u can claim deduction of interest only after completion of construction over a period of 5 years in equal installments
even 2018-2019 interest eligible under 1/5th after construction
Thanks all for help 😊

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details