Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Help me with this GST related problem!

Kunal Vanjare (23 Points)

19 May 2021  

Hello everybody, hope you'll are doing well.

I have only recently started my manufacturing firm, so please excuse me if I am not an expert at Taxation & Accounting. I have a problem that needs a solution (if there can be one).

I had supplied my ordered goods to the client on 30th March and had left the invoice with one of the workers assuming it will reach the right hands. Now it has turned out that the invoice was never accounted for. It was on the 15th of May, when I followed up for my balance payment (I have gone through a lot of problems in the last 6 weeks due to Covid, so this slipped out of my head). On 15th May I realized this invoice was not accounted for, no GRN (Goods Received Note) was not generated. The invoice was lying exactly where I had left it and never reached the accounts dept.

Now I have filed my GSTR1 and so has the client. Is there a provision through which this back-dated invoice can be accounted for now, by the client? Otherwise I stand to lose the balance payment.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

5 Replies

CA Raj Doshi (Practising CA) (5528 Points)
Replied 19 May 2021

In case you have properly accounted the said sales invoice in your accounts as well as reported in GSTR 1 , then the solution is as under.

make a credit note for the earlier invoice and make new sales invoice .. both in current date.

Mohit Jagnani (Professional - CA firm) (519 Points)
Replied 19 May 2021

Yes, under gst client can very well take the same into thier book and claim the credit

As under gst law last date for availing the benefit of itc is annual return or sept of the next financial year

regards,
mohitagrawal076 @ gmail.com

CA Altamush Zafar (GST Consultant) (11029 Points)
Replied 19 May 2021

How did the goods reached without invoice?

As far as I can understand you have multiple options. You can now send the same invocie and show it in your GST return. The purchaser will be able to take ITC on it.

Second option is if you havent accounted the invoice nor shown in return nor in Eway bill. Just cancel the invoice and issue a fresh invoice in this month

For further query you can mail me

Replied 19 May 2021

Originally posted by : CA Altamush Zafar
open quote How did the goods reached without invoice?

As far as I can understand you have multiple options. You can now send the same invocie and show it in your GST return. The purchaser will be able to take ITC on it.

Second option is if you havent accounted the invoice nor shown in return nor in Eway bill. Just cancel the invoice and issue a fresh invoice in this month

For further query you can mail me
close quote

Invoice was supplied along with the goods. But invoice was misplaced.. Rather.. The invoice never reached the right person. So it was lying there untouched for more than a month.

But we have already considered the first invoice in gstr-1 for month of March.. 

Replied 19 May 2021

And client has also closed his balance sheet. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags