Easy Office

Has CA lost its charm?

Page no : 5

CA-CWA RAVI (CA-CWA in industry) (5464 Points)
Replied 29 July 2012

its not a blame game ... just telling you the current scenerio ....

i wish niraj when you will qualify everything will be fine.

And Mr Sashank just sharing my example ... i wished to work with the top most consumer electronic maker in india ..they had a single vacancy for freshers ...  they shortlisted me ...  cleared all the rounds ... sat with the india level finand director ... was appreciated by him as well .... and lastly was not selected.

reason ... for that particular fresher job .. there were almost 10 people fighting wid experiace at good Big 4's or MNCs

This is what i am talking about...

i am not fighting to prove that CA is not a good course... just due to last 3 attempts ...if it goes like this .. it will surely loose its charm.

about the better options .. if they are not available what will you do ? sit idle or grab that job ? say after waiting for 3-4 months ????

This is with majority  of passouts

Sushant Lohani (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (1051 Points)
Replied 29 July 2012

Especially, when they dont get selected at campus, they get depressed. This is more prone in case of 1st attempt passout. This is when, many companies who need CAs but don't wanna pay much, start fishing for CA freshers, and they get w/o much difficulty. The remnants also apply for Govt openings, but we all know how Govt Co hires....how long it takes for a job to be confirmed....huge bond period n amount...slow growth in hierarchy .etc etc

It is sad, because even after clearing CA, forget about getting a job, people grow suspicious about their own future....:((((((((

Budding Professional (B.Com, CA & CS FINAL) (1686 Points)
Replied 29 July 2012

Mr. Ravi, I do not know whether I will get shortlisted or not or how long will be the waiting period, but one thing I am clear about is what I am supposed to do and based on the feedback and research, what should be my course of action (after qualifying).

And also, when the pass percentage was meagre, we cried foul for that and today, when the results are coming in good numbers, we continue to cry foul for that. When we will be satisfied??

1 Like

CA. JAIN (Chartered Accountant) (466 Points)
Replied 30 July 2012

Hi Neeraj,

Please dont mind, i advise u plz give ur time to study and clear final. i think u r in dream,i was also.infact all students are in dream at there student time. but friend u dont knw what d situation going on. ur research is totally based on news paper or ca journal etc. but thats was not reality, if u really want to research then meet to those who cleared in last three attempts and disscuss with them about job scenario in market.

Now ca course is like a business,apart from icai, coaching classes and now one more business came in market that is recruitment business of CA eg. Fast CAreer, Promaynov..most of them charge from candidate as reg. fees and after that out of 400 nly 18 recruitment..

Neeraj Best of luck.......but in near future time will be very hard.....Good luck

2 Like

Shashank (Manager) (800 Points)
Replied 30 July 2012

@ Neeraj: No worries friend... Just Clear your CA. Getting a Rewarding Job is not rocket science.

3 Like

Replied 30 July 2012

It is really disheartening and unfortunate to see that our esteemed fraternity seems to have lost faith in itself and instead of improvising to outperform in the scenario(s) prevailing, its only the negativity being publicised and the sort of blame game that is being played. Don't know where we are moving forward, but this is certainly not the desired trajectory that we are marching onto.

1 Like

Replied 30 July 2012

Originally posted by : Shashank

@ Neeraj: No worries friend... Just Clear your CA. Getting a Rewarding Job is not rocket science.

Yes sir, I understand and I am in pursuit of becoming a Chartered Accountant. Fortunately, I still have belief left in me and not getting bogged down by the ill opinions being publicised.

Replied 30 July 2012

Originally posted by : CA. JAIN

Hi Neeraj,

Please dont mind, i advise u plz give ur time to study and clear final. i think u r in dream,i was also.infact all students are in dream at there student time. but friend u dont knw what d situation going on. ur research is totally based on news paper or ca journal etc. but thats was not reality, if u really want to research then meet to those who cleared in last three attempts and disscuss with them about job scenario in market.

Now ca course is like a business,apart from icai, coaching classes and now one more business came in market that is recruitment business of CA eg. Fast CAreer, Promaynov..most of them charge from candidate as reg. fees and after that out of 400 nly 18 recruitment..

Neeraj Best of luck.......but in near future time will be very hard.....Good luck

We can co-relate this with buying or selling of Shares or any asset. We preferably sell overvalued asset and buy undervalued....So, all the above replies reflect Bullish and Bearish sentiments. It's usually majority of students who are bullish, and these feelings do alleviate the pains of doing hectic articleship. And it's mostly recent passouts , who are bearish........ Just like corporate house intend to make the stockholders bullish, so that their share price rises; they can resort to any means ( Read book by H MacDonald about a business family). And the most common tactic is to spread wrong information. Same thing can be done  by bearish guys too....People have to study the entity on their own, market conditions, future prospects rather than harp things from what they hear from parent body's functions.

sanjay bhosle (MD) (107 Points)
Replied 20 August 2012

/articles/print_this_page.asp?article_id=11640

CA is  earning lakhs of ruppes today even recent pass outs is going to be multi millionaire or even a billionaire CA is superior then doctors and surgeons and much much much more then engineers ( see below links )After 1 or 2 years situation will change According to report ( American jobs council ,UK accountancy ,EU accountancy)Indian CA's will be higher paid CA's in the world with many fold increase in demand for them and fresher CA,s would get around minimum 18-20 Lac package,there would be hiring spree for Indian CA,s, will be in much great demand therefore many foreign students r also trying to get this professional course ,it will be highest paid Accountancy professional course in the world and they would be scarcity of CA's ,we need 1.89 crore more CA's .And it has started and one Fresher CA(passed in second Attempt)was recruited for 4.38 crore per annul in India, and one Fresher CA got job in US firm with whopping salary of 58 crore Annual(4.85crore monthly )ready to get recruit with such salary ready to get recruit with such salary we need millions OF CA's desperately and demand is increasing many times day by day. Go to this  Many US ( and companies from othere countries too)companies are here to recruit CA's From india they want many CA 's almost all of them and they are offering million $ pays and bonus + fees +etc etc so get ready to become multi millionaire all CA's , they r looking for many CA's from india and offering millions to them

Replied 25 August 2012

Mr drunk Bhosle.........read this #############

e. Even if small recruiters show interest in hiring us, what pay are they going to offer? My career is ruined.” Jainik Vakil, chairman of ICAI Ahmedabad chapter, said, “We do not deal with placements. It is taken care of by Delhi.” Subodh Kedia, vice chairman, said, “The bleak placement scene can be attributed to slowdown in the industry.

Also, I think students in the city are expecting too much, maybe because this year Ahmedabad falls under metro category in the placement application form.”

‘WE CAN’T WAIT ANYMORE’
Said an outstation student, “I opted for Ahmedabad thinking we’ll get good opportunities here. After all, Gujarat chief minister has been talking a lot about industrial development in the media. I am devastated to learn that only one company is interested in recruiting students. I also learnt that John Deere Pvt Ltd backed out on the first day of placements on Thursday.”

“I should have opted for either Mumbai or Chennai. Why, even a city like Indore had three companies visiting ICAI campus. I am told that a second round of placements is in the offing. But I don’t believe anyone anymore. Many of us are from Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan. We can’t wait for the institute to conduct placements at their leisure,” said a student.

He added, “The institute should have first asked the companies to select the centres and then told us to do so. That would have made the placement process transparent and easy. Now, we are just equal to BCom and MBA grads.”

Replied 25 August 2012

Originally posted by : sanjay bhosle

CA is  earning lakhs of ruppes today even recent pass outs is going to be multi millionaire or even a billionaire CA is superior then doctors and surgeons and much much much more then engineers ( see below links )After 1 or 2 years situation will change According to report ( American jobs council ,UK accountancy ,EU accountancy)Indian CA's will be higher paid CA's in the world with many fold increase in demand for them and fresher CA,s would get around minimum 18-20 Lac package,there would be hiring spree for Indian CA,s, will be in much great demand therefore many foreign students r also trying to get this professional course ,it will be highest paid Accountancy professional course in the world and they would be scarcity of CA's ,we need 1.89 crore more CA's .And it has started and one Fresher CA(passed in second Attempt)was recruited for 4.38 crore per annul in India, and one Fresher CA got job in US firm with whopping salary of 58 crore Annual(4.85crore monthly )ready to get recruit with such salary ready to get recruit with such salary we need millions OF CA's desperately and demand is increasing many times day by day. Go to this  Many US ( and companies from othere countries too)companies are here to recruit CA's From india they want many CA 's almost all of them and they are offering million $ pays and bonus + fees +etc etc so get ready to become multi millionaire all CA's , they r looking for many CA's from india and offering millions to them

dont quote ur own article, mr bhosle...............What i have quoted is a newspaper article and that too latest from Times of India, tabloid.........................

Live in reality/

Replied 06 September 2012

Originally posted by : Shashank

@ Neeraj: I have found one more interesting thing : The Company Sushant is talking about is also managed by a CA. I think he talked about evosys. Evosys CEO - Umang Nahata himself is a CA. I dont think he will offer some technical job to a CA, since he understands the skill sets of a CA.

And this company has done a few good projects also.

https://evosys.co.in/management

Shashank

From my friend, i have come to know that the abovesaid company during Feb 2012 Campus gave job offer letter to 8-10 students; and after few weeks told 2 freshers that they wouldn't need their service, because of which they couldn't attend Mumbai Campus causing them great loss..............

sonam das (ca fresher) (25 Points)
Replied 07 September 2015

Ca passed in more than 3attempt doesnt get job & even icai campus doent shortlist them.After studying so much & doing articleship so dedicately.Today its just struggle left.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: