Gstn number for reseller

Hello,

        Suppose if I want to sell some product on the ecommerce website for e.g Amazon, Flipkart or Snapdeal etc..But I am not a manufacturer instead I am a reseller (i.e I want to purchase product for cheap from somewhere else and resell it on the ecommerce site by adding small margin).

        But on the above mentioned ecommerece websites filing of GSTN number is mandatory in order to register as seller.

        So do I need to obtain GSTN number and have to apply for it even if I am a reseller(new one) and my turnover is zero as reseller (I am beginner).

         Kindly let me know.

        Thanking you.

Replies (4)
Yes you should take GST Number

Hi Mr. Ninad Avasare,

As per section 24  of CGST Act, 2017, a person who supply goods or services or both, other than supplies specified under sub-section (5) of section 9, through such electronic commerce operator( Like Amazon, Flipkart..etc) who is required to collect tax at source under section 52 shall, mandatorily get registered under GST Law irrespetive of their turnover.

This makes small suppliers bringind within the tax bracket.

So, it is compusory for u to get registered under GST Law.

Hi Thanks for new response..

In case I dont have any business turnover in the past, how I can apply for GST can I apply under as taxpayer as GST REG-01 for new registration?

SIR MAIN UP SE HOO AUR MAIN HIMACHAL GAYA THA AUR MAINE RESTAURANT ME KHANA KHAYA THA JISME UNOHNE BILL MAIN GST LIYA AUR MERE PASS GST NO. NAHI HAIN TO KYA MUGHE INPUT CREDIT MILEGA TELL ME PLEASE ASAP.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Topics :

Loading
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details