Updated Online video classes available for CA,CS,CMA for May20 and Nov20 batch. Call: 1800-3000-0505

GST Treatment on Renting of Motor Vehile

Jithendra Chary   20 January 2020

Jithendra Chary

5 points

| My Other Post

What is GST Treatment on Renting of Goods Transport Motor Vehicle, Supplier's Registered and Recipient is Body Corporate.

avater

Pankaj Rawat (GST Practitioner)     21 January 2020

Pankaj Rawat
GST Practitioner 
 3136 likes  41912 points

View Profile | My Other Post

RCM is Applicable :

In term of Notification 22/2019 CT (R) , read with Circular 130/49/2019, following conditions prescribed:

1Receptient should be Body corporate.
2. Supplier shall be other than body corporate & opted scheme of 5% GST with limited ITC.

If both the above conditions is fulfilled, RCM is applicable.

avater

Jithendra Chary   21 January 2020

Jithendra Chary

5 points

If the Rigesterd Supplier Deals withe 5%, 12%, 18% Goods Then What is Treatment, is GST Applicable on RCM or Forward Charge on Renting of Motor Vehicle.

avater

Pankaj Rawat (GST Practitioner)     22 January 2020

Pankaj Rawat
GST Practitioner 
 3136 likes  41912 points

There is only 2 rates prescribed as Replied by me above ,
1. 5% without ITC >> RCM applicable
2. 12 with ITC >> RCM not applicable.

Note : Any one of above rate is can be excersis by Tax Payer at beginning of FY & need to carry it till end of Fy

avater

sidhu (Tax consultant)     22 January 2020

sidhu
Tax consultant 
 4 likes  70 points

Hi Jithendra Chary,

As mentioned by Pankaj sir above, the rate of tax to be adopted by the supplier of 'renting of motor vehicles' services shall either be 5% or 12%, irrespective of the recipient goods (5%/12%/18%/other)

Example 1: In case A an individual (supplier of renting services) charges Company B Ltd (being recipient of services). A opts to charge 12% rate of GST, then RCM is not applicable.

Example 2: In case A an individual (supplier of renting services) charges Company B Ltd (being recipient of services). A opts not to charge GST in the bill, then B ltd would be mandated to pay RCM @ 5%.

However, in the best interest the exporting Companies may push the small GTA service providers to opt for 5% rate and not to charge GST in the bill to save their working capital.

Hope the above clarifies.

avater

Jithendra Chary   22 January 2020

Jithendra Chary

5 points

If the Registered Supplier is not a GTA Service Provider, he Deals with Goods Supplying and He Provided Renting of Motor Vehicle to Body Corporate Then What is the Treatment.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »