Gst on works contractors

CA Manoj Kumar Choudhury (3 Points)

06 July 2018  

Dear Members,

One of my client who is a works contractor engaged in various projects of the Government of Odisha from different departments namely, ITDA,DRDA, PWD and Rural Works Departement. He signed various contracts (Works Contracts) before the implementation of GST i.e. before 01.07.2017. He got part payments on those works as per the existing Law (VAT) before implementation of GST.

Presently he is drawing his part payments from the above mentioned departments. But now the Govt departments are not deducting VAT (5%) on those bills and nor they are paying GST Extra.

My question is how can I show the receipts in GSTR3B and GSTR-1 returns ?

Do I require to show it in my GST Returns ?

Or I have to show it as Non-GST Outward Supply.

Please Guide.

Dear Members,

One of my client who is a works contractor engaged in various projects of the Government of Odisha from different departments namely, ITDA,DRDA, PWD and Rural Works Departement. He signed various contracts (Works Contracts) before the implementation of GST i.e. before 01.07.2017. He got part payments on those works as per the existing Law (VAT) before implementation of GST.

Presently he is drawing his part payments from the above mentioned departments. But now the Govt departments are not deducting VAT (5%) on those bills and nor they are paying GST Extra.

My question is how can I show the receipts in GSTR3B and GSTR-1 returns ?

Do I require to show it in my GST Returns ?

Or I have to show it as Non-GST Outward Supply.

Please Guide.