Gst on rental for a propertior

Hello,
I am a partner in a partnership firm and our turnover is much more than 20 lakhs and thus my personal income is also more than 20. Now, I am renting out a property for 1 lakh a month. I don’t have a personal gst number. Now whether I am exempted from gst as my total rental income is less than 20 lakhs ? Or do I have to take separate personal gst number and pay gst on rent ? Also can I club this rental income in my firm ?? Thanks

Replies (5)
(thus my personal income is also more than 20)
What is this statement?
If your t/o is above 20lakhs with the rental (commercial) then Yes... GST registration is required...

If property is Your name then You can't club this income to Partnership Firm.

I mean my firm turnover is more than 20 lakhs and the remuneration I get from the firm is also more than 20 lakhs. But individually I don’t supply any goods or services except rent.. Kindly advise

I mean my firm turnover is more than 20 lakhs and the remuneration I get from the firm is also more than 20 lakhs. But individually I don’t supply any goods or services except rent.. Kindly advisr
Good... The remuneration is not taxable under GST...

and


Is The rental income from Commercial property or Residential property...?
It is from a commercial property.. my doubt is whether my remuneration income will be added to my rental income and henceforth will I be a liable for GST for rental income ?

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Topics :

Loading
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details