gst liability on sale of capital goods

Dear experts,

I have purchased machinery in 2010 and amount is above 1 cr also I have taken ecxise duty credit now I want to sale the machinery RS. 90 lac. how I can calculate gst liability for sale the machinery

Thanks & Regards.
Replies (6)
u have to charge gst on transaction value (90lac) ( rate applicable on machinery)
sir I think some provision regarding reducing gst liability as per input credit taken in before gst
1) Any unutilized CENVAT credit as on 30/06/2017 can be carry forward in Electronic credit Ledger
2) As the machine purchased in 2010, credit if taken would have been utilized / lapses
3) Hence As Mr. Pankaj said Charge GST on transaction value
No yogesh ji there is no provision , yes uday ji is correct , if any unitized CENVAT credit would have been c/f but , i dont think as the machinery was purchase in 2010
ok thanks sir sec 15 of gst act is applicable in this case. Thanks for given valuable feedback.
u r always welcome dear yogesh

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
29 September 2026
Work at home

Lottery.sambad.tv

Bhopal

Others

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details