Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

GST Calculation under both the scheme

NITYA LALITHA   13 December 2019

NITYA LALITHA

3 likes  23 points

| My Other Post

I have one more doubt. For example I bought an item for Rs.100+18%gst. if I sold it with a margin of Rs.20, total 100+18+20=138. Under Regular & Composite schemes how much tax I have to pay. Kindly clarify

prasad Nilugal (Accountant and GST Practitioner . )     13 December 2019

prasad Nilugal
Accountant and GST Practitioner .  
 314 likes  4709 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Its depend up on ,  what  type of  business  you do ?.   your turnover ?.  Are  you eligible  for  Composition  Scheme or not ?.  

avater

Pankaj Rawat (GST Practitioner)     13 December 2019

Pankaj Rawat
GST Practitioner 
 3467 likes  46982 points

Under Composition scheme also the sale value will be 138/- , but GST Rs.1.38/- @ 1% on turnover 138/- need to be deposit from your pocket. (Cannot collect tax from purchaser)

1 Like

NITYA LALITHA   13 December 2019

NITYA LALITHA

3 likes  23 points

I am interested in wholesale business for FMCG goods, Fancy, Novelties Toys, Sport Items etc. While I am approaching some manufacturers and suppliers they are asking my GST Number. As I am beginner I can not expect my turnover. I need to apply for Registration. Before I apply I want to check which is good for me. Please help me to choose the best, Thankyou

1 Like
avater

RAJA P M ("Do the Right Thing...!!!")     13 December 2019

RAJA P M
"Do the Right Thing...!!!" 
 8387 likes  114646 points

@ Nithya Lalitha.,

As per Your query...

For Composition You will pay Tax Rs. 1.38 for Rs. 138 (138*1%=1.38 (CGST 0.69 & SGST 0.69)

If it's regular scheme and supplies u serious 18% tax then want to pay for the value of (100+20(margin)=120*18%=21.6+120= 141.6). less input tax to output tax (21.6-18=3.16) and payable tax Rs 3.16.

Note : here composition You pay tax from Your pocket. But, in regular scheme You can collect from customers and pay to govt...

avater

Shivam RC (Student)     13 December 2019

Shivam RC
Student 
 2511 likes  19720 points

Under the Composition Scheme, you cannot collect Output Tax from the Customers. You have to pay GST quarterly from your own pocket. If applied for Section 10 Registration ( i.e. Composition Scheme ) , then you have to pay GST @ Rs. 1.38 ( Turnover being Rs. 138 @ 1% for Traders ) from your own pocket.

The benefit of Regular Registration over Composition Scheme Registration is that you can claim ITC on your input, input services and capital goods and you can collect GST from the customers. The overall tax incidence reduces if there is a seamless flow of credit in the Economy.

2 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register