GST Applicability on renting stalls

I am having an Event Management Company. I have purchased canopy tents as assets for using it in expos, fairs and conventions. Now I am giving these tents on daily rental basis to the vendors to use in different type of events organised by my company. Whether I should charge GST on this income? If yes, how much should I charge and under which section? Further the stall numbers will be around 400 and the rental amount range per Tent will vary between 30,000 to Rs 49000.

Replies (2)
Quick Summary
This discussion addresses whether an event management company needs to charge Goods and Services Tax (GST) on income generated from renting out canopy tents for expos, fairs, and conventions. The key consideration is whether the rental income, which can range from £30,000 to £49,000 per tent for approximately 400 stalls, exceeds the GST threshold. If it does, GST will be payable, and guidance on the applicable rate and section is sought.

If used for the purpose of business and crosses threshold , then its ok

If it crosses rhreshold then gst is payable.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details