Gratuity Trust and accounting

Hi,

Can some one explain the correct accounting of Gratuity, if Company has a gratuity trust and Company has shared funds in Bulk to an insurance company, which has partly invested the funds in income earning investments and partly has kept funds to pay the gratuity liability arising in the company due to resignation/separation of employees.

Company also goes for annual valuation of gratuity fund through actuary..

 

 

Replies (2)
Quick Summary
This discussion clarifies the accounting treatment for employee gratuity when a company has established a gratuity trust. It covers scenarios where funds are transferred to an insurance company for investment and to cover gratuity liabilities. The process involves annual actuarial valuations to ensure proper provision is made for gratuity expenses, which are deducted from gross pay.

Gratuity is an expense and subtracted from gross pay. I didn't go through employee benefits in as standards and I'll get back later on when I have time. I have gratuity problems and you can find them online with government compliance. 

I mean I have to check out if there is provision created for gratuity 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Account Executive

Elite Taxation

New Delhi

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details