Gratuity received from previous employer

Hi All,

I worked in a software Company from July17, 2006 to May 06, 2012. After leaving the company I have received the Gratuity amount of INR 69688/-. Now as per the employer the Gratuity Exemption is INR 35950/- (Under Section 10(10)- As they mentioned in Salary Certificate).

Now my query is:  as I worked more than 5 years in that company so is not my full Gratuity amount will be exempted. If yes where should I have to put the remaining amount? I have seen some people is suggesting that it should be under section 89. Please help me in details as per the ITR-1 submission in India Government Income tax Filing site. Please let me know if you need any further details so so that I can share in mail or Forum.

Thanks in Advance,

Debashis

Replies (1)

hi debashish

gratuity recd during job (it might be after u leave job) shall be taxable.
U can claim exemption in gratuity to some extent only after retirement.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
29 September 2026
Work at home

Lottery.sambad.tv

Bhopal

Others

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details