ICICI

Goods transport facility- by a c & s agent

Vincent Jose (Branch In Charge)     14 June 2016

Vincent Jose
Branch In Charge 
 78 points

| My Other Post

A Consignment & Sales agent who is engaged by a limited company for its C&S operation is providing the additional facility of goods transport for the company. Also raising a separate invoice for the transport facility provided in addition to the service charge invoice for the C&S operations. The C&S agent is already registered under the category Clearing & Forwarding Agency in the Service Tax and remitting tax on due basis. The issue is that whether the C&S agent is necessary to amend its registration to include Goods Transport Agency in its service ? Also since this C&S agent is providing goods transport facility to a company can the C&S agent claim the benefit of reverse charge and ask the company to meet the service tax liability ?

avater

CA Saurabh Singh (Practising Chartered )     14 June 2016

CA Saurabh Singh
Practising Chartered  
 75 likes  974 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Hi Vincent,

The agent is providing the service, hence he need to ammend his service tax registartion.

And the reverse charge shall be applcable in the given case.

1 Like
avater

Vincent Jose (Branch In Charge)     14 June 2016

Vincent Jose
Branch In Charge 
 78 points

Thank You Sir. smiley

avater

karan jit singh (Consultant)     15 June 2016

karan jit singh
Consultant 
 69 likes  1198 points

Originally posted by : Vincent Jose
A Consignment & Sales agent who is engaged by a limited company for its C&S operation is providing the additional facility of goods transport for the company. Also raising a separate invoice for the transport facility provided in addition to the service charge invoice for the C&S operations.

The C&S agent is already registered under the category Clearing & Forwarding Agency in the Service Tax and remitting tax on due basis.

The issue is that whether the C&S agent is necessary to amend its registration to include Goods Transport Agency in its service ? Also since this C&S agent is providing goods transport facility to a company can the C&S agent claim the benefit of reverse charge and ask the company to meet the service tax liability ?

It is is necessary to amend its registration.

For next question , is C&S agent is running under the same company name ?

Regards

Karanjit Singh | +91-7503588224 

avater

Vincent Jose (Branch In Charge)     16 June 2016

Vincent Jose
Branch In Charge 
 78 points

No Sir,

C&S is independant from the Company. It is a partnership firm running under different name.

avater

karan jit singh (Consultant)     20 June 2016

karan jit singh
Consultant 
 69 likes  1198 points

Then yes they need to

1 Like
avater

Vincent Jose (Branch In Charge)     20 June 2016

Vincent Jose
Branch In Charge