Updated Online video classes available for CA,CS,CMA for May20 and Nov20 batch. Call: 1800-3000-0505

Gift of property

Lila (Job)     24 January 2020

Lila
Job 
 3 likes  206 points

| My Other Post

I have 2 queries related to gift:

1. A sum of money is gifted by mother to son. Is there any minimum value prescribed for stamp duty to be paid while executing the gift deed or else can the gift deed be made on a simple stamp paper of Rs. 100.

2. Property is being gifted by son to mother, is there any stamp duty payable while doing name transfer. What is the best way (inexpensive) to transfer property from son to mother. 

3. If the above two transactions take place at the same time, can they be considered together by IT department and capital gain taxes be levied (considering it to be a sale transaction).

avater

Roshni (Studwnt)     24 January 2020

Roshni
Studwnt 
 65 likes  992 points

View Profile | My Other Post

1. not prescribed you can do it on 100/- stamp paper
2. same gift deed can be made for this transaction as well
3. IT department cannot consider it as sale, both transaction being documented it cannot assume such. However if it does...still it being gift from relative will be exempt.

avater

Kapadia Pravin   24 January 2020

Kapadia Pravin

869 likes  13559 points

1. Stamp paper is State Wise and it's different across STATES. Hope the gift sum is in cheque.

2. Similar gift deed may be made. Again Stamp paper and Registration is STATE dependent

3. You have to support the above with documents.

avater

rama krishnan   24 January 2020

rama krishnan

906 likes  9756 points

It seems in the veil of gift, transfer has been made. however it depends upon the AO to accept or reject. in my opinion, it'll tantamount to transfer and capital gains tax will arise

Lila (Job)     27 January 2020

Lila
Job 
 3 likes  206 points

It is for the state of maharashtra. Now pls let us know, how much stamp duty, we may have to pay..

Lila (Job)     29 January 2020

Lila
Job 
 3 likes  206 points

Would request experts to revert on stamp duty payable..................................Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »