Getting a salary hike these times

 

A: Excuse me sir, may I talk to you? 
B: Sure, come on in. What can I do for you? 

A: Well sir, as you know, I have been an employee of this prestigious firm for over ten years. 
B: Yes. 

A: I won't beat around the bush. Sir, I would like a raise.

I currently have four companies after me

and so I decided to talk to you first.

B: A raise? I would love to give you a raise, but this is just not the right time. 

A: I understand your position, and I know that the current economic downturn has had a negative impact on sales, but you must also take into consideration my hard work, pro- activeness and loyalty to this company for over a decade. 

B: Taking into account these factors, and considering I don't want to start a brain drain, I'm willing to offer you a fifteen percent raise and an extra five days of vacation time. How does that sound? 
A: Great! It's a deal! Thank you, sir! 

B: Before you go, just out of curiosity, what companies were after you? 
A: Oh, the Electric Company, Gas Company, Water Company and the Mortgage Company!


Replies (1)

Nice post ya

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Accounts and Tax Associate

POOJA R TELI & CO

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 08 October 2026
ARTICLE TRAINEE

S.B.G. & CO. CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details