Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003


Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

 11 Replies

Prateek Agarwal

Prateek Agarwal (Sr. Executive - Finance & Accounts)     25 May 2012

Yes...you can.

Download an excel file of Form 16, fill up the details and give it to him,



Nisha Yadav

Nisha Yadav (Accounts exe)     25 May 2012

Thanks for reply but we didnt deduct tds...

KARANDEEP,CA,B.Com,CS FNL (JOB)     25 May 2012

as per my knowledge there is no such requirment.

Samarth Jain

Samarth Jain (Due Diligence Manager)     25 May 2012


Are you a CA or CA Student ???

Join this group on facebook



This group is all about pulling together all of those persons who are or want to be associated with CA profession in any manner. By becoming a part of this group, one can share posts, notifications and thoughts of the others who are associated to this profession.

You can be a member of this group if you are eligible under any of the following
1 - You are a qualified Chartered Accountant or
2 - You are a CA student (Future CA) or
3 - You have not joined CA course till now but you want to be a Chartered Accountant or
4 - You are associated in any manner whatsoever with a professional Chartered Accountant, a CA student or a firm of Chartered Accountants.
Nisha Yadav

Nisha Yadav (Accounts exe)     25 May 2012

But he want to form 16.

Can i issue??????

Prateek Agarwal

Prateek Agarwal (Sr. Executive - Finance & Accounts)     25 May 2012

Even if you have not deducted TDS, you can give Form 16. There is not a problem at all.

The employee may need it for future correspondences and Home loans as well. 

Although there is no requirement, but you still can give.


Nisha Yadav

Nisha Yadav (Accounts exe)     25 May 2012

ok thanks.


Ranjeet (manager)     25 May 2012

you can issue him or her form 16....it doesnt matter that you have not deduted any tds

CMA Devi Vara Prasad Korada

CMA Devi Vara Prasad Korada (Finance)     26 May 2012

You can issue Form 16 to him but as TDS was not deducted from him Annexure B will be blank and you just fill the PART A &B in form 16 and issue to him..


KARANDEEP,CA,B.Com,CS FNL (JOB)     27 May 2012

Thanks for Clarification.

CA Kiran Sutrave

CA Kiran Sutrave (CA)     27 May 2012

It is mandatory to issue Form 16 only if TDS is deducted by the employer. In many cases, employers issues Form 16 whether or not TDS is deducted by them.

In the given cases, if the total salary paid by you is Rs. 38,000/- for 6 months you can prepare Form 16 in excel format and issue it to the concerned employee.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags