Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Form 112 query very urgent plz help...

Go green (ICAI) (666 Points)

01 February 2012  

I have seen in Form 112 that it should be submitted within 30 days to the Institute.

My question is from which date that 30 days should be counted.

Is it from the date of registration of the other study course or from the date on which I received the registration letter for the said course? (It is not mentioned in the Form 109)

I have registered mself for B.com (A&F) from IGNOU on November 30, 2011. But I received the registration letter only on January 27, 2012 (dispatched on January 25, 2012 (printed on the cover)). So if I should submit the Form 112 within 30 days from the date of registration of the course, how is it possible to do so when I received the registration letter only after around 2 months from the date of registration since a copy of the registration letter should be enclosed along with Form 112 as it is correspondence course.

26 Replies

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)   (114654 Points)
Replied 01 February 2012

PERMISSION TO STUDY OTHER COURSE

The articled / audit trainee cannot pursue any other educational or professional course during the period of articleship training except with the prior permission of the Institute.

Permission may be granted to an articled / audit trainee for pursuing one additional course of study at a time during the period of practical training.

However, the Council has granted general permission to trainees to pursue graduation course concurrently with Chartered Accountancy Course by students who have passed the Foundation Examination, as under :-

(i) That articled/audit assistants having joined the CA Course after passing the Foundation Examination shall generally be permitted to pursue graduation course concurrently with the CA Course without obtaining specific previous permission of the Council under Regulations 65 and 78.

(ii) That an articled/audit assistant pursuing graduation course concurrently with the CA Course shall not be permitted to join any other course until he/she completes his/her graduation course.

(iii) That for pursuing any other course of study (other than graduation course) the previous permission of the Council through filing of form 112 shall have to be obtained by the articled/audit assistants in accordance with Regulations 65 and 78.

Form 112 is required to be submitted within 30 days of joining the course with the recommendation of the principal, failing which you have to go for condonation of delay in non-submission of form.

Thanks

Replied 01 February 2012

Thank you very much for your reply Sir.

But how is it possible to submit the Form 112 within 30 days from the date of registration of the course when I received the registration letter only after around 2 months from the date of registration since a copy of the registration letter should be enclosed along with Form 112 as it is correspondence course.

Replied 01 February 2012

For doing graduation with CA no need to file any form with ICAI. This is my understanding. Plz wait for other opinions.

All the Best.

Replied 01 February 2012

Dear sir, I have enquired this with ICAI through ICAI - Esahaayata whether I should submit any form if I do B.com from IGNOU (which is a correspondence course) while undergoing Articleship and they also replied that I should submit Form 112 and also a copy of the registration letter should be enclosed.

I also put this query to ICAI - Esahaayata today as to how is it  possible to submit the Form 112 within 30 days from the date of registration of the course when I received the registration letter only after around 2 months from the date of registration since a copy of the registration letter should be enclosed along with Form 112 as it is correspondence course.

But as you know they take ages to reply. I wonder why? 

* Krishna * (CA Student) (6149 Points)
Replied 01 February 2012

@ Go green

In my view within 30 days from the date of registration would mean within 30 days from the day you receives the registration letter or student admit card etc. Because in the letter they will state that you are registered as a Bcom student from so and so date.

Roshan A (Chartered Accountant) (458 Points)
Replied 01 February 2012

Dont worry just submit them the form 112.ICAI has no problem with its students doing graduation.

Take my case: I started my BCom course in 2010(along with IPCC) but informed them in 2011(while registering for CA FINAL).

CA Jeethender (Deputy manager finance) (49 Points)
Replied 01 February 2012

its better u post this query in e sahayaata available in ICAI website

balkrushna jobanputra (CA FINAL) (32 Points)
Replied 02 February 2012

hello guys!!!

i m in ca final

my articleship training is going on.

i want to join cs executive

is is necessarory to file form 112 with institute..?????

plz help me........

Replied 02 February 2012

Originally posted by : * Krishna *

@ Go green

In my view within 30 days from the date of registration would mean within 30 days from the day you receives the registration letter or student admit card etc. Because in the letter they will state that you are registered as a Bcom student from so and so date.

Totally agree with Krishna !!!

Ankit Agarwal (Assistant Finance Controller)   (84 Points)
Replied 02 February 2012

@ Go green

U dont worry u just furnished form 112 now and no need to worry dont asked the question from the esahayta and others just enclosed ur registration letter with form and after a month you just confirmed from institute that entry has been mentioned in ur record,

Thats it dont panic and u r not too late to file form 112

@ Balkrushna

As per ICAI rules, during articleship for doing any course require form 112 including CS, CMA

sneha agarwala (0) (22 Points)
Replied 23 February 2012

sir i hv cleared my ca final in nov 2011,also done gmcs,n got articleship completion letter,nw my problem is i had joined c.s course in feb 2010 n had appeared in dec 2011 in my c.s. final exam....nd result will be out on 25th final nd if i clear i will get c.s. degree......bt i nvr made ne filling regarding it wid icai..bcoz didnt any idea abt such formalitites....... nw i m filling my membership form...... so wat shud i do regarding my cs degree......

ankita kanungo (CA final student) (26 Points)
Replied 16 April 2012

I joined my articleship in september 2011.I registered for cs in Nov 2011. I intimated ICAI in Feb 2012 through the form 112 along with the late fee. Now I gt a letter from them asking me to send a request for condonation for the delay along with my employers comments..what exactly am I supposed  to write back??please reply asap!

Rishabh Ahuja (.) (491 Points)
Replied 16 April 2012

hey 

even the same thing happened but as far as i remmber th insti doesnt objects on the same 

well yeah regarding artclshp registration they are a bit serious but not for form 112 

so chil no need to worry ...

ankita kanungo (CA final student) (26 Points)
Replied 17 April 2012

But then what are the reasons i can mention in the condonation request??i just cant wrte i forgot to send it on time :-( it has to be something valid:(

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags