Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

FORM 10IE draft saved but not opting for new tax regime

Jay (Student) (48 Points)

26 August 2021  

I have a Form 10IE saved as draft (not uploaded). When i try to file the return without opting for new tax scheme, it is showing error as "new tax regime u/s 115BAC cannot be opted w/o furnishing Form 10IE". Pls someone help me out in this. I have submitted grievance but no use at all.

20 Replies

Rocks Parss (220 Points)
Replied 27 August 2021

But they had announced that for ITR 1 and ITR 2 filing of Form 10IE is not mandatory and that one will be able to select before filing IT return. In our case of HUF ITR2 we are unable to select as the box is greyed out. When we called the call center they told us to delete all saved stuff cookies etc - but where is the data saved they were unable to guide. Any guidance? 

Rocks Parss (220 Points)
Replied 27 August 2021

How and from where can one findout whether 115BAC option is exercised/recorded or not?

Pramod Limaye (Chartered Accountant) (140 Points)
Replied 28 August 2021

Portal should not ask you to file 10IC if you are not opting for new tax regime... Please log out and check after some time or next day.

Rocks Parss (220 Points)
Replied 29 August 2021

We want to opt for the new regime but the box is greyed out and not allowing us to select even after logging out and relogging in. How can one check or confirm whether one has opted for and IT portal has recorded new or old regime?

Shishir Gupta (24 Points)
Replied 02 September 2021

In my client's case draft has been saved but when take the new or a fresh form 10IE, old saved one displayed and after e verification, it shows error no response received from server....can we delete old saved form.....pls help, I m trying since 23rd July....😔

Replied 03 September 2021

Mine is ITR4, a draft of FORM 10IE is saved, but iam not opting for 115BAC. And when i try to submit the return (after successful validation) it shows that error "that i have to file form 10ie else i wont be able to opt for 115bac". Been trying since last month, no use.

Rocks Parss (220 Points)
Replied 03 September 2021

Often different issues are observed in offline or online mode. In one case after the 115BAC issue we deleted all downloaded and saved drafts and versions and filed afresh and it worked in that case doing online (earlier were trying offline) and in another case doing offline in version 1.01.01 (earlier were getting errors in online) Maybe you can try accordingly

Replied 04 September 2021

@ Rocks Parss , hey can you pls help me,i dont know how to delete the saved draft of FORM 10IE, I think that is the main issue. If i get rid of that draft form i will be able to file the return without opting for 115bac.

Read more at: https://www.caclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=579779#reply 

Exercise this option in General Information Column....

Pls submit again the form as today morning I have also submitted the form successfully which was pending since 23: July...

Hi. I had opted for NOT opting for 115BAC. But still the error is showing up. 

@ Shishir Gupta I tried to file the return just now but still showing the error. No idea what else to do, absolutely no use from submitting grievances.

Its ITR4, eventhough FORM 10ie is saved as draft, i dont want to opt for 115bac and has given NO to that choice in ITR. Still at the time of final submission of ITR it is showing the error that "I have to submit form 10IE if I want to opt for 115bac"

Read more at: https://www.caclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=579779

@ Shishir Gupta I tried to file the return just now but still showing the error. No idea what else to do, absolutely no use from submitting grievances.

Its ITR4, eventhough FORM 10ie is saved as draft, i dont want to opt for 115bac and has given NO to that choice in ITR. Still at the time of final submission of ITR it is showing the error that "I have to submit form 10IE if I want to opt for 115bac"

Read more at: https://www.caclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=579779

I tried to file the return just now but still showing the error. No idea what else to do, absolutely no use from submitting grievances. Its ITR4, eventhough FORM 10ie is saved as draft, i dont want to opt for 115bac and has given NO to that choice in ITR. Still at the time of final submission of ITR it is showing the error that "I have to submit form 10IE if I want to opt for 115bac"

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register