Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Form 108.. Need Help..

niraj (article) (41 Points)

15 December 2010  

Hiee friends..

I have completed my articleship and i was filling form 108 (service completion)

In the form we have to mention the number of weeks we have worked in each field (like accounting, auditing, tax, etc)..

However there are only 3 columns 'year 1', 'year 2' and 'year 3'.. The articleship is for 3.5 years. So what about my work in the 4th year???

Am really confused...

32 Replies

MANOJ KANDPAL (CA FINAL) (44 Points)
Replied 15 December 2010

WELL U CAN DRAW COLUMNS FOR YEAR 4 AS WELL AS U CAN DOWNLOAD AMMENDED 108 FORM.......

FRIEND JUST FILE IT WITHIN 30 DAYS FROM UR ARTICLESHIP COMPLETION DATE.......

OTHERWISE U WILL HAVE FILE IT WITH A CONDONATION LETTER , DULY SIGNED FROM UR EMPLOYER...........

TAKE CARE......

1 Like

Replied 15 December 2010

CONDONATION LETTER???? :O:O :(

Whats that??

Its already been 3 months since i finished my articleship...

MANOJ KANDPAL (CA FINAL) (44 Points)
Replied 15 December 2010

NIRAJ .......ITS JUST  A FORMAL LETTER SHOWING CAUSE OF DELAY IN FILING FORM 108...BUT IT MUST BE ON UR EMPLOYER LETTER HEAD WITH CONDONATION FEE IN THE FORM OF DEMAND DRAFT IN FAVOUR OF SECRETARY , ICAI ....IN UR CASE IT IS RS. 300.

JUST FILE UR FORM 108 OTHERWISE U WILL FACE SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES FROM ICAI SIDE......

TAKE IT EASY AND FILE UR FORM.........

TAKE CARE.

Replied 15 December 2010

Thanks Manoj for helping..

but i just searched ICAI' sweb site and it says

"

The members are required to submit the following documents along with a requestn for condonation of delay stating therefor together with levy fee:
a. Attendance Record of the articled / audit clerk.
b. Original Deed of articles / audit executed on a Non Judicial Stamp Paper / Special Adhesive stamp affixed on the Deed.
c. Certified copy of work diary of the articled / audit clerk.

M damn worried.. :(

Stipend details with evidence in the form Bank Pass Book."

Rock (student) (1518 Points)
Replied 15 December 2010

Dear Niraj it is needed only when you send after 180 days. I mean you need to submit all those records of attendence etc. only when you submit after 180 days. so you dont need to worry about that one.Just send as soon as possible with DD.

Regards,

Rock

1 Like

Replied 15 December 2010

Hey "rock" 

thnx for the reply.. but, what should i do for 4th year of my articleship?? should i draw column as suggested above??

and will i need to get  'CONDONATION LETTER' on my principal's letterhead, with his sign??

Plz help..

Rock (student) (1518 Points)
Replied 15 December 2010

Yes niraj , You have to draw an Extra column for the 4th year of articleship.

Principal Letter Head is not compulsory for Condonation Letter, but better to have it . But there is no compulsion.

Regards

Rock

shital (Chartered Accountant ) (67 Points)
Replied 16 December 2010

Niraj

i had same problem like  u and procedure is as follow

first u need to fill up Form 107 which is supplementry deed for extention . if u are submittion these form after 60 days of completining ur articleship than  u need to pay  late filing charges by way of D.D.  along with lettter{late pyt charges is mentioned in last page of Form 107} Also u required to get franking only this form  and not any other form

second u need to fill up  Form 108 for actual durataion that is for only 3 years

third for extra duration  u worked  ( i.e. in your case extra 5 months u worked)  u need to fill another 108 for

5 month . where in u have to state no. of week served

Hope abve will be useful to You

Nd Yap have a independance life as u have completed  ur articleship..!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Like

Replied 16 December 2010

Thnx for the reply sh*tal, but my actual articleship period was 3.5 years and not 3 years,, Also i was not give any extension by my principal.. i just did not file file the form on time.. even then too i will need form 107????

Nazeeb Ansar (Senior Audit Executive) (51 Points)
Replied 16 December 2010

last column fill it for 1.5 years. even i faced this problem.

shital (Chartered Accountant ) (67 Points)
Replied 16 December 2010

In case u r filing late Form 108 u need to pay late submission charges which is as below alothough it is advisalbe u checked out with ICAI

Dealy  up to 30 days beyond initial Period  Rs.100/-

Delay between 31 days to 180 days  Rs. 300/-

Dealy beyond 181 days  Rs 1,000/-

umashankar vaishnav (CA Final(Gr.1 Pass) (ARTICLESHIP COMPLETE))   (1056 Points)
Replied 16 December 2010

Hii Members

I am a CA Final Student belongs to gwalior, my 3 years of articleship will going to be completing on

18/01/2011. Till date i have taken total of 160 days leave.Now when i will fill Form no 108, then if i written

160 days leave in above form, then my articleship will be extends for some days or not. (we all know very

well that 1/6 th or 180 days whichever is more will be allowed by ICAI).

CA Sandeep Kumar (Audit Assistant) (804 Points)
Replied 16 December 2010

In these matters, guys, why dont you exchange telephone numbers, easy to communicate, person in need of info need not wait much. make use of the technology .

I too faced the problem of 4th column, but i just filled only 3 colums and sent an annexure along with the form... it won be a prob...

My ph no is 0-9741889892

Please feel free to call me, i have a copy of form 108, can provide details

Email- sandeep_2686 @ yahoo.co.in

1 Like

Ashish Batavia (Article) (21 Points)
Replied 25 May 2011

hello guys,

by what time do i have to get form 107 frnaked if my articlship is geting over 12/04/2011 and i hav an extension of 2 months.???

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register