for claiming deduction under section 80dd or 80u, is it necessary to file form 10 IA? Is it mandatory? last year filed return claiming deduction under sec 80dd with filing this form.
Replies (14)
Quick Summary
This discussion clarifies the mandatory requirement of filing Form 10 IA when claiming deductions under Section 80DD or 80U of the Income Tax Act. It's confirmed that filing this form is compulsory before submitting your Income Tax Return (ITR), and the acknowledgment number is now required in the ITR schedules. The conversation also touches upon the necessity of obtaining updated disability certificates with registration numbers and addresses issues related to incorrect tax adjustments and rectification processes.
Thank you sir, person with permanent disability has taken this certificate in year 1995. in that certificate no or registration number and all not there. can we use this certificate itself or do we need to suggest them to take again as it is permanent disability
I had filed by ITR for AY 21-22 alongwith Audit report u/s 44 AB. While filing the Audit report in form 3 CD my CA has filled the Point No.16(d) (other income which has not been credited in P & L account) with Pension and Bank interest etc. which was credited in the capital account. However, while finalising the intimation u/s 143(1)(a) the department has added back the amounts shown in the points to my income shown in my return whereas I have shown all the figures in the respective head in my return. Thus, same income has added back again in the intimation. I had already filed my objection in reply to the proposed adjustments, however, it has been taken into consideration and a huge demand has been created. I have filed my rectification application, grievance application and reply to outstanding demand etc, but of no vain. The portal says that the assessing officer has replied that the demand is correct and this was created due to mismatch of TDS etc.I am much annoyed with the attitude of the department. Can anybody help me in this respect.
Without showing these incomes in p&l and deducting it, the ITR shows, error. so we are forced to show this n p&l n reduce it and show it under other respective heads too... can you email the AO stating all these facts n see
Actually I am a professional and hence the income shown in my capital account was not related to my professional income,hence the same was shown seperately under respective heads. The main problem is there in the rectification section of the portal. If there is any specific point through which we can upload our application for rectification it could have been solved by now
Sir, I submitted Form10 IA and using that Acknowledge Number I filed ITR last year. In the Medical certitificate it is mentioned as valid for five years. So accordingly in Form 10IA also it is mentioned Re-Assessment is recommended after a period of five years.
So can I use the previous Acknowledge Number to file for ITR this year or do i need to again submit a fresh Form10IA using the Medical certificate/UDID and generate a new Acknowledge Number and then use it for this year ITR?
Leave a Reply
Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies