Forgot to File Q1 24Q and 26Q TDS Returns

CA JK (Student)     19 October 2019

CA JK
Student 
 6 likes  182 points

| My Other Post

Hi

I forgot to file TDS Return for Q1 for the AY 2020-21 for both 24Q & 26Q, there are no deductions for 24Q, but for 26Q every month Rs.2,000/- TDS Challans paid for Apr, May & June 2019. If I file now It will attract penalty of Rs.6,000/-. Kindly advice if I can file these challans in Q2 itself ? If I file so will the company receive any notice from the department ?

What is the best solution to avoid the penalty ? Also let me know if it is a good idea to file NIL return for Q1 in TRACES and then proceed with Q2 returns ? If so then the Return filing software asking "Receipt no. of earlier statement filed for Form 24Q & 26Q".

Kindly give me the best solution for the above problem, as my boss will bang me if he comes to know that I forgot to file return and if any notice will come...!!

Please please please help me...

Thanks

A B Kundu (Professional)     19 October 2019

A B Kundu
Professional 
 91 likes  1356 points

View Profile | My Other Post

It's hard to escape as you have told tax already have been deducted in the Q1 and deposited also. If you file NIL return for Q1, it'll be clear misrepresentation which would be more punishable. It's better to file now by giving late fee.

You can directly file Q2 skipping for Q1 and show these challans in Q2 return. But there is high possible get notice from the department. You can take the risk.

SUSHANT KUMAR (Employed)     19 October 2019

SUSHANT KUMAR
Employed 
 11 likes  247 points

Bro just file the Tds returns of qtr1 by paying late fee. It's not recommendable to escape qtr1 return as Tds has already been deducted & there is likely that u will get notice from department if u not filled return

CA JK (Student)     22 October 2019

CA JK
Student 
 6 likes  182 points

Thank you all ....I will pay penalty and proceed with returns....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »