Updated Online video classes available for CA,CS,CMA for May20 and Nov20 batch. Call: 1800-3000-0505

Financial consultant hired to file service tax return failed to do so.

Donati (Self occupation)     11 June 2018

Self occupation 
 15 points

| My Other Post

Dear Friends,

I had hired a financial consultant for filing of returns (Income Tax & Service Tax). Few years back he failed to file Service Tax Return for one financial quarter , though the Service Tax was paid by me and I had forwarded the Challan to him in the respective month of that year. Professional Fees was also paid to him for all e-filing services for that year. 

Now I've received a notice to pay a penalty of 20000/- 

Since he was filing returns on my behalf, am I liable to pay the penalty or should I ask him to pay it. 

Please help.


Mahesh Kumar   11 June 2018

Mahesh Kumar

 4 likes  85 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Just give me ur number ill transfer to my CA, he will give u the answer or else send query at https://ca4you.in/

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »