Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Filling of P&L Account

Ankit Goyal (Banker) (78 Points)

02 November 2011  

Hi Everyone, I was once told the Private Ltd company is not required to file P&L account with ROC, i myself remember checking the same provision but now i can not find it... As per my reading of Sec 220 there is nothing that exempts filling of P&L by Pvt Ltd company, can anyone guide me on same?

4 Replies

CA Sripal Jain (Associate Finance) (709 Points)
Replied 02 November 2011

they have to file compulsorily p&l account as per companies act and schedule six

G.L.Subhramanian (PCS) (206 Points)
Replied 03 November 2011

Hi Ankit

Every company (private and public), must file the balance sheet and profit and loss account with the registrar of companies every year.

Section 220 says that the same should be filed within 30 days from the date of AGM. Also, it says that a private company must file the balance sheet and profit & loss separately because the profit & loss account will not be visible to the public when the documents are inspected.

Regards,

Subbu

Sweety Rai (Nil) (61 Points)
Replied 03 November 2011

DEAR ANKIT ,

FOR ALL CO. MUST REQIURED TO FILE 23ACA FOR P&L WHTHER CO. HAVING PROFIT OR NOT & ALSO REQIRED TO ATTACHED THE P&L & SCHDULE  WITH BALANCE SHEET. 

Srirang Mahabhagwat (Asst. Company Secretary)   (341 Points)
Replied 15 November 2011

DearAnkit,

Totally agree with Subramanian ji on the issue. We have to file the Profit & Loss Account with all the relevant schedules and attachements with the ROC.

Just note that dont attach the P&L and Schedules of P&L with the Form 23AC otherwise it will be of no use. You have to attach them with Form 23ACA only.

Please intimate me to correct if my statement contradicts the provision.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags