Filing Annual Return and closing Bank account after GST cancellation

Hi,

I cancelled my GST in Mid 2021, and I have filed all GSTR1, 3B returns and final return upto date of cancellation except the GSTR 9 Annual returns.

I have no transactions (nil) for FY2020-21 and FY2021-22. GSTR 9 has been made optional for FY 2020-21 I think for under 2 crore. 

Can I close my bank current account linked with GST now or should I wait until next year to file GSTR 9 for FY 2021-22 and then close it? If I close my bank current account and if in worst case I get some late fees, is there way to pay it?

Thanks

Replies (1)
You can close your Bank Account. In any case, if any payment arises you can make payment through any other Bank Account.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details