Filed a revised return twice, got tax demand for the first revised return

Kuldy M (2 Points)

21 April 2021  

Hello all,

I have filed a revised return as I missed one of my savings account interest during initial filing, it showed some tax due. I have submitted the return before paying this amount. So I filed revised return again on the same day after paying this tax due via challan 280 and mentioned the same in self assessment tax details. Now, my first revised return got processed and I got an outstanding tax demand on 31/03, but the second revised return is in "Tax credit matching process" step since 31/03. Since we have to respond to outstanding tax demand within 30 days of notice, I contacted the IT department's customer care and they told to wait for latest revised return to be processed and existing outstanding demand will be removed.

I have a few questions here.

1) How many days does it generally take for "Tax credit matching process" step in ITR processing?
2) Is it okay if I don't respond to outstanding tax demand for the initial revised return as mentioned by customer care?
3) If I should respond, there is a field asking for the following details in disagree with demand, revised return already filed at CPC. Should I upload all of these? If possible please mention what to upload for "Letter requesting for rectification" and "Indemnity bond".

Filing Type

e-Filed Acknowledgement Number.

Remarks

Upload Challan Copy

Upload TDS Certificate

Upload Letter requesting for rectification

Upload Indemnity Bond

Thanks in advance.