F & O LOSSES in P & l statement

sunil (business) (74 Points)

20 October 2019  

Sir,

I am trading in F & O . while preparing P & L statement  we have to show the purchase price and sale price of the futures and options. For example: if i buy 1 lot of infosys futures 100 shares  at Rs:1500/- and sell at Rs:1400/-  The buying price is Rs:150000/- & selling price is Rs:140000/-

Similarly if i buy a 1 lot of 100 shares of Nifty10500 options(call) at  Rs:50/+ and sold it at Rs:60/- . Here the buying price is Rs:50000/- and selling price is Rs:60000/-

If a do a multiple of trades and i have to add all buying prices and selling prices and to show these figures in P & L  statement  or any other way.

While calculating the turnover , it is noticed that we will take sum of  positive and negative trades  in case of futures and we will take sum of  positive and negative trades plus premium on sale of options for determining whether audit is required or not.

Please guide me the turnover figures are to be mentioned any where as per the above calculation a or actual buying & selling prices to be mentioned though it will be in crores due to multiple transactions.

regards,

suneel