Expose ICAI's false email replies through RTI

jose.p (CA in service) (1676 Points)

27 February 2010  

Friends of mine and foes of ICAI’s corrupt and selfish body; plz stop cribbing about transfer ban and read the following article carefully. Here is a way to find out what really is the status of articleship reduction and transfer ban rules and expose icai’s lies.

One of the few of Congress government is that of Right to Information Act 2005. With that we can seek information about any of the government bodies’ functioning; except that of the list of negative list like Intelligence Bureau; Revenue Enforcement. Even Supreme Court’s judges are under the purview of RTI Act.

Recently; a student dragged ICAI to court(HC and then SC) over his RTI filed over showing his exam papers; and ICAI  didn’t agree to show him. SC ruled the case in favour of the student.

Uttam Agarwal, while in presidentship; had constituted a committee to consider a proposal to reduce the articleship of PCC students to 3 years from existing 3.5 years. Now when the students send the email to icai (bosnoida); then they reply that they have submitted the proposal of reduction by 6 months to Central Government; and it is now in Government’s hands now.

I strongly feel that ICAI is taking students for a ride. Did they also ask for Government’s permission when they banned transfer. I don’t think so. Even formation of a committee to ban transfer was not notified through icai website. And when one of my friends emailed icai in jan 2009 whether any rule of banning transfer is gonna come; they said no such rule is gonna come. They didn’t need government approval then.

Now; what the students can do is file a RTI. It is cheap; and I think its Rs 10 only. If we want printouts of info; then only we have to pay Rs 2 per page. As per RTI; the body has to give reply within 30 days.

The questions we should write in RTI are:

a)      Has ICAI submitted the proposal to ICAI about reduction of articleship of pcc students by 6 months to the Cental government?

b)      IF yes, when and to which body/ ministry of Central Government?

c)       What is the status of the proposal of the proposal with CG?

d)      Had ICAI sought approval of Central Government while banning transfer? If yes, provide us the details.

Caution:

Please do not file the RTI with your own name. Tell your brother, uncle, sister,etc (not parents) to be the applicant so that the ICAI can’t trace you. People other than u can file RTI because you don’t have to give a reason to file RTI.

The more RTI we file on this regard; the more pressure we can exert on ICAI to revoke transfer ban;and to reduce articleship as well as attract Central Government’s attention. Everybody plz join together and file a rti each. It is a matter of your career.