Ca Ajay- Here is my review of the Nov 17 exam:
I would like to offer my insight on the Nov 17 exams this time for each paper individually as follows:
1. FR- The paper was above average, fairly lengthy and a lot of candidates didn't finish it well.
2. SFM- The easiest paper, in fact in 2017 both terms they were directly out of pm and rtp only.
3. Audit- A different paper where they asked loads of questions from company audit and many small topics were totally absent. If someone had prepared standards, pe and company audit well they would have enjoyed this exam.
4. Law- A lot of conceptual and tricky questions, the most challenging paper in group 1.
5. AMA- The sheer size of question paper was an indication of how lengthy it was. Most candidates having normal speed could answer only 70-80 marks this time.
6, ISCA- Plenty of questions from sm and less from pm this time so another out of the box paper, very different one.
7. DT- There were a lot of confusion over most qeustions because they were from unknown areas...probably the most challenging paper in entire CA final exams this time.Also it was way too lengthy for 3 hours.
8. IDT- Another paper where a lot of conceptual knowledge and understanding was tested, especially in questions on service tax.
Conclusion- I hope group 1 will be in double digits but doubtful about group 2 which as a whole was a much more challenging group this time. And for both groups I expect percentage to remain in single digits only.