Exemptions

Hello everyone,

I am an IPCC student. In my last attempt, I cleared Group I but failed in group II. But I got 60 marks in audit. And in the result it said F-EX, which I understand as Failed with exemption? I want to avail exemption in this subject. I have mentioned this in my exam form that I filled online. Is there anything else I need to do? I mean do I need to write any application? Should I just not go to the exam centre? Or should I go and tell them that I am exempt? Is it already understood by the ICAI? I am in a lot of tension!

Replies (8)
If in examination form you have filled exemption in paper 6, and passed 1st group, then you need not to do anything, give the rest two exams. And all the best

thank you so much!! sir.. and just for information so that I can help others what if someone has not passed in the group I , and only appears for group II this time?

Originally posted by : Parimal Pratyush

Hello everyone,

I am an IPCC student. In my last attempt, I cleared Group I but failed in group II. But I got 60 marks in audit. And in the result it said F-EX, which I understand as Failed with exemption? I want to avail exemption in this subject. I have mentioned this in my exam form that I filled online. Is there anything else I need to do? I mean do I need to write any application? Should I just not go to the exam centre? Or should I go and tell them that I am exempt? Is it already understood by the ICAI? I am in a lot of tension!

HI,

Please check said link hope it would be useful to u ....

https://www.charteredclub.com/procedure-for-availing-exemption-in-ca-ipcc-ca-final-exams/

Yes you can appear for 2nd group, even if you has not passed 1st group
The same is my query I also cleared my 1st group of ipcc n got 67 marks in paper 5 what I have to do ? I got admit card not mentioning anything on it but while filling online form I ment ion 67 marks in paper 5 Now I have to go for only paper 6 n 7 only????besides I have to do anything other formalities?? Pls help
How much marked I needed to clear 2nd group ??

You have to go for paper 6 & 7 only & Marks needed for your to clear your group II is 150 - 67 = 83 in Total of both subjects & Minimum 40 in each of the two subjects that you are appearing

Yes, Mr. PSPSPS is right

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
06 October 2026
Assistant Manager - Audit and Compliance

Ravi K Jain & Co

Noida

Others

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details