Easy Office

Exemption Query

Page no : 2

suraj (Student CA Final ) (288 Points)
Replied 22 July 2017

I think u can take exemption in more then one paper ..max 3 paper in a group ..but u must not have avail the exemption earlier.. and u got exemption in all subject in one attempt

Replied 22 July 2017

once u have availed exemption.. u cant avail further exemption in next 3 attempt in same group...

CA Rashmi Gandhi (Chartered Accountant) (86220 Points)
Replied 22 July 2017

Suraj dont misguide, only one exemption allowed.

Replied 22 July 2017

Read clearly all terms.

Replied 22 July 2017

Word papers is given because exemption of 1 paper in each group allowed.

Rahul (CA Final) (399 Points)
Replied 22 July 2017

" (6)Grant of Exemption : A candidate who has appeared in all the papers comprised in a group / unit and fails in one or more papers comprised in a group / unit but secures a minimum of 60 percent of the marks in any paper or papers of that group shall be eligible to appear at any one or more of the immediately next three following examinations in the paper or papers in which he secured less than 60 percent marks. He shall be declared to have passed in that group / unit if he secures at one sitting a minimum of 40 percent marks in each of such papers and a minimum of 50 percent of the total marks of all papers of that group / unit including the paper or papers in which he had secured a minimum of 60 percent marks in the earlier examination referred to above. He shall not be eligible for any further exemption in the remaining paper(s) of that group / unit until he has exhausted the exemption already granted to him in that group / unit."This is extract from institute's website which clearly depicts that there is no limit on number of exemptions

Replied 22 July 2017

Replied 22 July 2017

https://icaiexam.icai.org/helppop.php?ec=p&in=final_guide

Replied 22 July 2017

read 6th point 3rd part

Replied 22 July 2017

So what was the final conclusion.. Can i avail the exemption in both subject or not? ..I think i can

Replied 22 July 2017

Where it is mentioned you can take more than one paper exemption in a group

Replied 22 July 2017

Yes you can claim.

Sorry for my understanding.

Clarify in below article.

https://www.charteredclub.com/procedure-for-availing-exemption-in-ca-ipcc-ca-final-exams/

Replied 22 July 2017

Etna confusion toh exam me nahi tha..Ok finally done..thank u all for the clarification👏

Replied 22 July 2017

I get this news after clearing my CA.
2 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: