Share on Email

Share More

Excess Tax paid

Anshuman Basu (account -GST)     30 September 2020

Anshuman Basu
account -GST 
 46 likes  1385 points

| My Other Post

We generate invoice to our client for the month of August 2018. And according to we paid tax. (Suppose Invoice Value 118/- Taxable Value 100/- and CGST+SGST 9/- each)
In the month of January 19, we came to know that our client rejected the said invoice for technical ground.
We issued credit note for the month of January 2019 to him and Tax amount CGST+SGST 9/- each; we consider as our ITC and show in our GSTR3B in column no 4(A).

Please note we had no sales from December 18 to Onward. naturally we hadn't scope to adjust excess tax paid.
The problem is, when we are going to fill 18-19 GSTR9, we could not see the tax amount CGST+SGST 9/- each in column no 8(A) GSTR2A of Annual Return. Naturally Negative Figure is come in Column No 8(D) of GSTR9.
Now question is 

1/-what is the treatment of above scenario in GSTR 9?
 2/-What is procedure to adjust excess tax paid,? 

avater

suraj (Student CA Final )     01 October 2020

suraj
Student CA Final  
 16 likes  268 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Sir how can you take itc of sales return.You can adjust sales return tax only through reducing your output tax .But you are increasing your ITC of sales return tax. Effect is same but treatment is wrong .

In my opinion for Sales return tax;

Reverse the itc in itc column. to the extent of same amount you have taken itc of sales return and reduce the same amount of your output tax through amendment in sales Column

Anshuman Basu (account -GST)     01 October 2020

Anshuman Basu
account -GST 
 46 likes  1385 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Sir

Please explain details

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register