Excel trick of the day

Dear Friends,

I am sharing one my latest trick I have learned today, please see below

For e,g,I have a data in Excel in the following format

MY
NAME
IS
MUKESH
KUMAR
AND
I
LIVE
IN
DELHI

And I require to consolidate in single cell i.e.MY NAME IS MUKESH KUMAR AND I LIVE IN DELHI 

Please see the steps I have used to arrive this solution

STEP:1 Count the no. of words in cell. Use the formula LEN

=LEN(A1) results 2, =LEN(A2) results 4, =LEN(A3) results 2, =LEN(A4) results 6 and so on

STEP: 2 Insert space at the of each ward, use the formula LEFT

=LEFT(A1,B1)&" " results MY ,=LEFT(A1,B1)&" " results NAME ,=LEFT(A1,B1)&" " results IS ,=LEFT(A1,B1)&" " results MUKESH , and so on

STEP: 3 Consolidation of all words, use the formula =CONCATENATE and TRANSPOSE. Important & typical step

=CONCATENATE(TRANSPOSE(C1:C10))

STEP: 4 Expose transpose, Select content of transpose formula & press F9, it would appear like this

CONCATENATE(TRANSPOSE(C1:C10)), Select content of transpose formula

and press F9 it would appear like this =CONCATENATE({"MY ","NAME ","IS ","MUKESH ","KUMAR ","AND ","I ","LIVE ","IN ","DELHI "})

please don't press enter this stage, remove { and } from formula BAR, manually

=CONCATENATE({"MY ","NAME ","IS ","MUKESH ","KUMAR ","AND ","I ","LIVE ","IN ","DELHI "})

NOW FINALLY PRESS ENTER 

ENJOY IT

Replies (3)

One can Also try as ------

For Eg....   Kindly refer to the file attached....

Agree with Deep....

Without any formula you can merge two vertical cells as under :

e.g. A1 = Exshail

e.g. A2 = Softwar

Go to second line and move\place your arrow at required postion.

Press Ctrl-' (  left side key from Enter)

It will automatically copied above line to this place.

So result in A2 = Exshail Software.

 

Note Ctrl-D copy full cells above current cell.

 

 

Exshail Software

Invoice Template Designer

Excel Consultant

Excel Solution for everyone for everything simplifying.

Be a fan on my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/exshailclassicmenu

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
06 October 2026
Assistant Manager - Audit and Compliance

Ravi K Jain & Co

Noida

Others

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article assistant

S.K.Bajpai & Co.

Noida

B.Com

View Details