Excel help.

Hey say for example I had already entered about 25 names in an excel sheet along with corresponding PAN in parallel cells. Now when I need to enter a persons name again, on typing starting alphabets of a persons name it autofills for me based on previous data. Any way by which I can get the corresponding PAN also auto filled along with the name when I just type the starting alphabets of the name?

Replies (5)

Have you tried Vlookup?

Vlookup will help you in this scenario. As and  when you will press Enter after getting the name in desired cell your PAN number will automatically come but only thing is you must have used Vlookup formula in the desired cell.

If you have any problem , do send me your file on
shah.varsh*t @ icai.org

regards
Varsh*t

Not wrt any file, it was just to gain some knowledge as I don't know much about excel:)

Dear Kartikeyan ,

Pls find attached copy for your reference. I hope this will help you in understanding in framing of formula.

Varsh*t

. I hope this karthikeyan

Read more at: /forum/details.asp?mod_id=223358&offset=0#.UHOi8VHy2So
Thank you soo much:) sure was helpful.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details