Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ex-Employer Not willing to change wrong PAN

shan (NA) (48 Points)

18 July 2010  

Hi ,

For my TDS , I gave my correct PAN number to my employee. But due to small hand-writing

written fast he mistook the 6 to be 0 and deducted with that PAN number.

Now when I informed them about this , and asked them to file a correction with IT , which i

think only the deductor can do..through multiple mails...

they keep repeating that they did only based on my input. (looks like a blame game to me..)

They don't seem to co-operate..They don't seem to understand ..

So how can i get this corrected now ? Is there any reason why the deductor is refusing to

acknowledge the mistake..?









 2 Replies

Rohit Khaitan (Learning from Life) (127 Points)
Replied 19 July 2010

In my opinion they seem to be mistaken by uour input. So please send them or show them the copy of your PAN and then request them to amend the same with respect to the given data. As this could serve the purpose.. And for other reasons i can't say as to why the employer is refusing to file a revised return. Just make them understand that the money paid by them is wasted in the present case as may be the data gets mismatched during processing. I m sure making humble requests by showing the after effect consequences shall do the bneedful..

Hope to hear from you sooner.

1 Like

shan (NA) (48 Points)
Replied 19 July 2010

HI ,

   I have been trying to  explain  all of  this to them since jul 7th.. Told them that only they as deductor should file the  correction  and it was not getting reflected in my  Form26As ...So there will be a mismatch in my claim.. etc etc.. But  their answers make me  go mad..

Answer 1. "We cann’t change it now. While filing your personal Income Tax return you may take care of this"

Answer 2. "This is true that company can issue the another form no. 16 but they can’t change the details provide in form no. 16. Because those details are already been submitted by the employer into their quarterly tax details, which is filled with Income Tax.
    For filing the personal returns you need not to attach the form no. 16 now. You may check the same with your CA."

Today... As per your advice i have taken a PAN card  scan and sent it to them..

I don't know  when they will reply... In case they don't  reply what should i do? Wait for  IT notice or something like that ?.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags